SEM/STEM HITACHI S 5500
Scanning Electron Microscope HITACHI S5500 is powerful tool for investigations of materials microstructure in nanoscale. Microscope has special column design, which minimize influence of lenses imperfection on the electron beam. In this microscope we can observe simultaneously the specimen in scanning and transmission mode. EDX detector allow us to made chemical composition analysis on structure elements which has size around 100 nm.
The resolution of this microscope is 0,4 nm in scanning mode, at 30kV and less than 2 nm at 1kV, 0,5 nm in STEM mode, at 30kV.
Microscope is equipped with:
- cold field emission gun CFE,
- secondary electrons detector (SE),
- 3 detectors of back scatter electrons (BSE) ,
- detector of transmitted electrons STEM,
- energy dispersive spectrometer (EDS)
Contact Name: Dr. Tomasz PĆociĆski